Originating from modest beginnings, NRS Healthcare started life as a shoe company selling leather off-cuts to Occupational Therapists for leather craft therapy.
In 1947, "Nottingham Leather Company" and "Nottingham Handcraft Company Ltd" were formed, producing leather items for war veterans to aid their rehabilitation.
After 20 years of successful trading in occupational therapy products, the company was renamed Nottingham Rehab Supplies after a merger between Nottingham Handcraft and Nottingham Medical Aids, which cemented its entry into rehabilitation aids and equipment.
The first move into providing equipment loan services was in 1994, with a contract to supply Derbyshire County Council, which paved the way for the launch of its Direct Care Division, now part of our National Care Division.
In 2001 NRS was purchased by Findel PLC. In 2004, NRS acquired Huntleigh National Care Division and began trading under the re-activated registered name of Nottingham Rehab Limited.
In 2007, NRS celebrated its 60th Anniversary, and also acquired SMES, re-branding the business as NRS Mobility Care, a complete wheelchair services business operation.
In 2009, NRS Primary Care Division acquired Nottingham-based Moving and Handling experts "Moving Solutions" which added to the services on offer with the introduction of a hoist design and installation service.
Today, Nottingham Rehab Ltd, trading as "NRS Healthcare", has a successful record of providing Aids for Daily Living that spans six decades. NRS employs over 600 employees from our head office in Coalville and sites nationwide and is now an end-to-end product and service provider that operates through four divisions.
Location of our depots found here.