Back Care Awareness Week 8th - 12th October
Maintaining a healthy back is important as it allows us to continue to do things which we have to and want to do. Back pain is a common problem in the UK but fortunately there are back care products and back care exercises which can be used to alleviate both minor and chronic back pain.
People experience back pain of varying levels and in different areas of their back. There are also many different causes of back pain, many of which are unknown by a lot of people. Back care exercises, back care products and back care advice however are excellent back pain relief methods and are also good for preventing back pain before it develops.
Back Care Exercises
Back care exercises are an excellent way of keeping the back supple and active. Carrying out exercises for the back doesn’t have to be hard work either. An increasing number of people are taking part in yoga back care which is also extremely relaxing.
Back care yoga can be done at home or as part of a class. All that is really needed is an exercise mat and possibly an exercise ball depending on what back pain exercises or back care exercises you are doing.
Back Care Products
There are many back care products available and they are extremely varied. One of the most popular products here at NRS Healthcare is the batwing pillow. Another is the adjustable back rest. The batwing pillow can be used on a chair or in bed and is ideal when reading. It is an excellent product for avoiding or reducing upper back pain by offering support and reducing the curvature of the back.
Back Care Tips
- Keep your body upright when sitting or standing. Do not slouch or hunch your back.
- Exercise on a regular basis. This doesn’t have to be too strenuous. Swimming and walking will suffice.
- When picking up items, bend your knees instead of curving your back forwards.
- Try to avoid twisting your body when getting into and out of a seat or car.
- Choose a mattress which is comfortable and suitable for your height and weight.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Search the blog
- May 13th 2020